The (German) Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases (D)GVS saw itself as an interdisciplinary and supranational organisation from its outset in 1914. Its members were clinicians or early “specialists in gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases” in private practice. The specialisation in this new field was officially introduced in 1924. The scientific society also included general practitioners, surgeons, pathologists, pharmacologists, and designated metabolic researchers among its members. The proportion of members who declared their allegiance to the Jewish religious community or were considered “non-Aryan” according to Nazi terminology, was around 23 percent at the beginning of 1933. These members were forced to leave the scientific society by the National Socialists. We are committed to remembering them.
Country of escape
Year of escape
Place of work
This function is deactivated.
Please accept the cookies for Google Maps, to be able to use this service.
Serbia, former Yugoslavia (Belgrade)
We are continuously working on completing the biographies and further developing the website.